Monday 6 January 2020

Coursework - updated filming plan

Having looked at different locations, I've now decided to set my film in a meeting room, as I think it'll be a more ambiguous setting in terms of why the main character is there and will therefore require less setup before getting to the main plot. As well, when looking around it was the room which was the most convenient for filming as it was a reasonable size with space to move around at each wall.
This location will slightly change some of the shots which I was wanting to film as there will be less objects in the room, however I don't think it'll change the overall effect I want to produce of claustrophobia and fear.
One issue I have identified with the location is that the room has windows which draws away focus from the door being the only way to escape. Although, I think that if I address that the character is unable to open the windows/force them open the plot will still make sense. I will have to be careful about the time of day that I film though because if it gets darker outside this could affect the sense of continuity, especially if I don't film in chronological order.

Image
Image
Image

Additionally, I've thought more about my ending scene. I want there to be end credits with music showing the CCTV style footage on the side of the screen which then cuts to the view of it playing on a laptop with a phone ringing (the ringtone the same as the credit music) and a man in a suit will answer the call and shut the laptop, walking away. I want this to be shot somewhere which looks quite clinical so filming at my school could potentially work as there are some white desks which might look effective. This will mean that I'll need to have at least two filming dates for getting footage though a third day might be useful depending how long it takes to film different parts, particularly in the main room that I'm shooting in.

Something which might be useful for filming is having different sized cameras for filming different shots, for example I may need a smaller camera for long shots as it will be a fairly small room anyway and I want to maximise the depths of field I can achieve.




































No comments:

Post a Comment

Film synopsis/plan - updated

The film opens with the main character in a meeting room, the door shutting as footsteps of others leaving can be heard and they sigh as the...